Learn more about the development of a therapeutic bandage.
Are you looking to develop a new materials technology?
Medical device company developing a therapeutic bandage
The client developed a novel bandage demonstrating high efficacy in treating skin tumors in animal studies.
The project required a high loading of ceramic nanoparticles be incorporated directly into the nanofibers at the time of electrospinning. The manufacturing process needed to be translated from lab prototype scale to a continuous, commercial-ready scale.
Materic developed multiple solutions:
- A new, large-batch synthesis of the ceramic nanoparticle material
- A needleless electrospinning process capable of incorporating up to 50 wt% nanoparticles into the nanofiber
- A novel packaging system to eliminate nanoparticle loss during subsequent processing and application of the bandage
- A bandage with equivalent efficacy to lab prototypes
- A scalable manufacturing process
- Process and performance data sufficient for FDA 510(k) filing
Early phase medical device company developing a therapeutic bandage